Drugs and Alcohol (Drug and Alcohol Counselling Online, The First Stop)
This is one in a series of blog posts describing some of the support services available in Australia.
If you are in a crisis situation, or life is at risk, please call 000 immediately.
Drug and Alcohol Counselling Online
Who is this service aimed towards?
Drug and Alcohol Counselling Online is a 24/7 online support service for those suffering with alcohol or drug abuse across Australia. The service is 100% free and confidential.
With several support options available, users can find useful articles about addiction, as well as perform self-assessments directed to the detection of potential alcohol abuse, potential drug abuse, and depression and anxiety.
This service will help people of all ages and in all stages who:
- Have never received treatment, but are willing to for the first time
- Are currently in treatment or recovery, and need support from people in similar situations
- Have been through a bad experience with drug or alcohol abuse, and want to support others
- Have had a relapse and are seeking help
- Are caring for someone who’s battling drug or alcohol abuse
How to get in touch?
There are a lot of ways you can reach Drug and Alcohol Counselling Online. You can:
- Call 24-hour Alcohol and Drug Information Services (ADIS) in your state via telephone support
- Chat with qualified counsellors via online chat
- Have questions? Contact a counsellor via email
- Visit their peer support forum to chat with like-minded people
IF IN DANGER, CALL 000.
What kind of support services do they offer?
Counselling Online gives people who need support with drug and alcohol abuse diverse tools to cope with their addiction. Their assistance is suitable for everyone.
- There are self-help modules available to those who aren’t sure where to start, but want to begin their recovery journey the right way.
- Users can browse through support articles and stories that’ll help you learn more about yourself and your condition (or someone else’s condition)
- The service’s SMS support text-based program provides inspirational and motivational tips to anyone who signs up.
By registering to the platform, users can access all services and track their progress.
For additional information, visit https://www.counsellingonline.org.au/.
Remember, if you are in a crisis situation, or need immediate support, please call 000.
We also offer counselling and coaching support. For a free, confiedntial discussion about how me can help you, click here to make a time for us to chat, or call us directly on 0493 063 530.