In our Online Mental Health First Aid Course, you’ll learn about the common mental illnesses, along with their signs and symptoms. You’ll also learn about how to have a safe conversation with someone you’re worried about.
Dealing with a mental health crisis is also covered. You’ll leave the course feeling confident regarding mental health and mental illness.
Choosing to study the online Mental Health First Aid course is a great choice!
It’s flexible, can fit in around your busy schedule, and you can join the course from anywhere in Australia.
Here’s a little bit more about the program.
What you’ll learn in the online Mental Health First Aid Course:
- An overview of mental health, and Mental Health First Aid
- Common myths and misunderstandings about mental illness
- The common signs and symptoms of a mental health issue
- How to approach someone about their mental health
- How to assess the severity of the situation
- What to do in a mental health crisis situation
- Practical skills to intervene in real-world mental health situations
- How to encourage someone to get professional help
- A range of options and places to access professional help
Mental Health Issues covered:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Mental health crises covered:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Non-suicidal self-injury (self-harm)
- Panic attacks
- Traumatic events
- Severe psychotic states
- Severe effects of alcohol or other drug use
- Aggressive behaviours.
Options to consider other than our online Mental Health First Aid course:
If you’d prefer to study with us face to face, that’s also possible – click here.
If you’ve already done your initial training, consider doing a refresher course instead
Working with young people? The Youth Mental Health First Aid course might suit you.