If you've already done a Mental Health First Aid course, Completing your MHFA Refresher program is a great idea!
What is a MHFA Refresher?
MHFA Refresher courses are 6 hour online courses. These courses are for people who have previously completed their initial training. This helps you to refresh your knowledge and skills. And, doing a refresher program also extends your Mental Health First Aid Accreditation for a further three years.
If you have completed one of our Mental Health First Aid courses, then this refresher is right for you.
MHFA Australia constantly review the course material to ensure it reflects best practice. Consequently, by doing a MHFA Refresher program you're making sure that you have the most up to date knowledge possible.
What you'll learn
You’ll learn the most up to date practices in providing Mental Health First Aid. You'll also receive an updated Mental Health First Aid manual.
The MHFA Refresher gives participants an opportunity to refresh the knowledge and skills learnt during your initial Mental Health First Aid training. It will help you…
- Gain an understanding of the latest research in the mental health field
- Learn and review the 3 key actions for helping someone feeling suicidal
- Work through complex mental health first aid scenarios
- Practice your Mental Health First Aid skills.... and more
Complete your MHFA Refresher with us
We offer the Standard Refresher Program. This is suitable for anyone who has completed the Standard, Community or Workplace Mental Health First Aid course.
You can enrol here.
And, we run the courses completely online. It's made up of two, three hour webinars. In addition, you'll receive a new hardcopy of the current MHFA Manual too!
Haven't done your initial MHFA Training?
If you haven't done your initial Mental Health First Aid training, we can help!
Mental Health First Aid is the benchmark Mental Health First Aid course in Australia. Further, the course has been adapted globally. Its’ designed and developed by Mental Health First Aid Australia. As a result, it’s recognised internationally for evidence-based and highly practical.
We deliver a wide variety of Mental Health First Aid courses which are suited to organisations, workplaces or individuals. Anyone wishing to learn more about mental health and mental illness will benefit from these courses.
We'll soon deliver Youth courses, too.
About your initial training
The course provides a wide ranging overview of all common mental health issues. In other words you'll learn how to recognise their symptoms and signs. We’ll cover how to have a conversation with someone about their mental health. Further, it also shows you where you can refer someone to get professional help.
In your initial MHFA training you'll learn...
- An overview of mental health, and Mental Health First Aid
- Common myths and misunderstandings about mental illness
- The common signs and symptoms of a mental health issue
- How to approach someone about their mental health
- How to assess the severity of the situation
- What to do in a mental health crisis situation
- Practical skills to intervene in real-world mental health situations
- How to encourage someone to get professional help
- A range of options and places to access professional help
Who are our trainers?
Our courses are facilitated by professionally trained and accredited coaches. We deliver it publicly and in house for organisations and workplaces. We are highly skilled and caring and we ensure a safe and supportive learning environment.